Sunday, March 18, 2012
VPLL 0191 Blouse - Middles
I decided after I cut the satin trim that the color match wasn't really as good as I originally thought it was. But I don't have anything else on hand that would work, so I made it work. I found a chunk of lace in the remnant bin and basted it over the satin. First off, it dulled the shine, which was a little too much, and it also added some texture and brought the color a little more in line with what I wanted it to be. I think it's a little closer than the photos show, but I can't tweak the colors together so that they work. But they do. Well enough.
Next up: making many, many yards of bias trim for around the collar and the sleeve hems. Many, many yards.
I think all will depend on how long it takes to make and attach the bias trim.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I love watching your projects take shape !
I don't know how you do your bias trim but maybe this will help you. Diana has lots of tutorials on her site and this looked very interesting.
Post a Comment