Friday, March 16, 2012
VPLL 0191 Blouse - Beginnings
I think I've got a handle on it now, and I'm looking forward to getting some work done on it this weekend.
I'm using the striped silk I posted last week, found in the Deep Stash, and an ivory poly satin (quite drapy and not very poly-looking) for the contrast (the collar, cuffs and sleeve seam trim). It's going to look very cream-sicle, which may or may not be historically accurate, but I'm not going for complete accuracy here.
As will be seen when I show off the immaculate invisible zipper in my blouse. Invisible zipper . . . not very 1912, but (a) I didn't want to mess up the chevron stripes down the back with a row of buttons, and (b) we don't have ladies' maids anymore to get us in and out of our clothes.
It's a very discreet invisible zipper, running from the left hem up under the left arm, opening at the bottom. The stripes do a much sharper chevron down the side seams, and somehow I dumb-lucked the stripes into matching over the zipper. You know I couldn't have managed that on a dare if I'd been trying to insert the zip in the back.
All I've done at this point is press and stitch the front pleats, insert the zipper and sew the back seam. I'll have time to work on it tomorrow and there will be proper photos then.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I can't wait to see the finished project!!!!
Post a Comment