Monday, June 15, 2015
It takes a village to make a bear
I did end up using all five fabrics in the end -- the light blue for the body and half the arms/legs, the My Little Pony fabric for the head and the other half of the arms/legs, and the yellow terry romper for the ears and foot pads (including the original tiny Izod alligator, just because).
The difficult fabrics were, obviously, the Dresden plate and the shamrock prints. I decided instead of using ribbon that I would make a tie from the shamrock fabric, and then, as suggested by Glenda, I appliqued the Dresden plate on the belly. Because nothing succeeds like excess, I cut out the center circle and filled it with a pony.
Somehow it's both trippy and fun, and kind of feels like a bear that a child might design -- all those bright colors and random prints ended up working out, after all.
Labels: memory bears
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Your customer is going to be thrilled! It's a case of something so wrong being so right.
Great job! It will be well-loved.
The artist's eye......congratulations!
Well done, it looks great.
You have done a great job... it's beautiful.
LOVE IT! I need to finish up some other sewing patterns first but then I’m all over this. Thank you! Keep it up!
Post a Comment